The WorldGBC Asia Pacific Leadership in Green Building Awards showcase and celebrate the achievements of businesses and innovators in the region which are leading the way on sustainability in buildings.
The Awards are divided into 3 categories:
- The Business Leadership in Sustainability Award recognizes companies which are truly integrating sustainability into their business models and contributing to the transition towards a sustainable built environment. These organizations understand that sustainability presents a long-term business opportunity, demonstrate sustainable practices within their internal and external operations, and show sustainability leadership within industry.
- The Leadership in Sustainable Design and Performance Award recognizes pioneering green building projects that deliver a range of benefits through a holistic approach to sustainability. These projects go beyond simply minimizing their impact by considering factors that lead to positive outcomes for both the environment and for people. There are three sub categories under this award: residential, commercial and public.
- The Women in Green Building Leadership Award is an award presented to an inspiring female leader in our movement. In a traditionally male-dominated industry, we want to recognize the pivotal role that women play in nurturing and activating their communities, and delivering change.
The awards are open to companies and green building projects of all sizes across the region. Nominations must be through recognized Green Building Councils in Asia Pacific countries.
Why are the Awards significant?
- 60% of the world’s population (4.3 billion people) live in the Asia Pacific region, with more than 2 billion living in urban areas - a figure that is set to reach 3.3 billion by 2050.
- Set against this backdrop of growth, creating buildings that are low or zero carbon is essential to ensure a high quality of life for people, minimise negative impacts on the environment, and maximise economic opportunities.
- The Awards are the only ones to recognize green building achievements across the whole of the Asia Pacific region. The 2016 Awards were hugely successful, with over 100 nominations from 15 countries in the region.
Why should businesses or projects enter?
- Raising their profile – Finalists and winners of the Awards will be profiled through WorldGBC’s global press work, social media and other communications activities.
- Getting in front of the right people - Businesses and projects are judged by a group of renowned and highly influential figures in the green building industry.
- Receiving recognition – The Awards are a chance to celebrate some of the most progressive businesses and projects in a hugely important region for the future of green building.
How to apply
Please contact us if you are interested in applying for any one of these three award categories:
- Business Leadership in Sustainability Award
- Leadership in Sustainable Design and Performance Award
- Women in Green Building Leadership Award
The deadline for nominations is 17 July 2020.
There is a nominal administrative fee of US$200 per nomination (except for Women in Green Building Leadership nominations which are US$100), paid through Pakistan Green Building Council. For further information on the Awards, visit http://www.worldgbc.org/asia-pacific-regional-network-awards .
Download Nomination Forms:
Business Leadership in Sustainability Award
Leadership in Sustainable Design and Performance Award
Women in Green Building Leadership Award
Please Submit your forms and for questions regarding the awards,
please contact: Anum Soulat at email@example.com
Social Media Kit
Social media is a key channel through which GBCs can communicate the Awards to their members to encourage nominations, and to the wider industry and public. We have created the dedicated hashtag #APNawards2020 for use on Twitter and Facebook.
When posting on social media, we would encourage GBCs to link to either a dedicated web page for the Awards on their own websites, or to the WorldGBC Awards webpage ( http://www.worldgbc.org/asia-pacific-regional-network-awards ), which we have shortened using bitly here: http://bit.ly/2CY6eMv